www.csico.ca (Can Services & Immigration Consultancy)

Call Today: [416-786-4573]


How can I find out about jobs in Canada?

You can find out about jobs in Canada through the following sources:

What is a Labour Market IMPACT ASSESSMENT (LMIA) ?

A Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) is a document that an employer in Canada may need to get before hiring a foreign worker. A positive LMIA will show that there is a need for a foreign worker to fill the job and that no Canadian worker can do the job. A positive LMIA is sometimes called a Job Offer Confirmation letter. Your proposed employer must contact Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC). ESDC will provide details on the LMIA application process. 

I am an international student (IS) in Canada. Can I work while studying?

Yes. You can work in Canada while studying and after you graduate, through IRCC’s Work Permit programs for international students. Students may

qualify for the on-campus, off-campus or post graduate work permit programs. 

I want to change my school or program of study. How can I change my study permit?

You may change your school, program and/or field of study without applying for a new study permit. You do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either. You may continue to use your study permit as long as it is valid. If you are changing your level of study (e.g.,

bachelor’s to master’s), you do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either. 

Who is a federal skilled worker (FSW)?

Skilled workers are chosen as Permanent Residents (PR) based on their education, work experience, knowledge of English and/or French, and other factors. These things often help them succeed in Canada. People can apply to immigrate to Canada under Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) category. Skilled workers apply under this category if they want to live in any Canadian province or territory except Quebec which has a separate category.

What are the language requirements for Federal Skilled Workers (FSW) Program applicants?

You must include the original results of an English or French language test with your application. It must be a  third-party language test from an agency approved by IRCC. This rule applies to all federal skilled worker applications received on or after June 26, 2010. You must also show that you meet the minimum language threshold in order to qualify for the program. Your test results must not be more than two years old on the day we get your


Can I count part-time work toward the requirements for work experience?

Yes, you can count part-time work toward the requirements for work experience under the Canadian Experience Class (CEC). However, it will take you longer to get the number of hours you need to apply than it will take if you work full time. 

Which family members may come with me to Canada when I immigrate?

The family members who can come with you to Canada when you immigrate include: your spouse or common-law partner, your dependent child, your spouse or common-law partner’s dependent child, and a dependent child of a dependent child. Your parents, grandparents and other family members cannot come to Canada with you. However, you may be able to apply to sponsor them to come to Canada after you immigrate here.

EDUCATIONAL CREDENTIAL ASSESSMENT (ECA) is used to verify that your foreign degree, diploma, certificate (or other proof of your credential) is valid and equal to a Canadian one. You will need to get an ECA for your foreign degree, diploma or certificate if: you want to be considered for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) under Express Entry (EE), and you are a principal applicant, and you got your education outside Canada, or you want to receive Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points for your foreign education for yourself as an EE candidate, or or your spouse or common-law partner coming with you to Canada.  One of the “designated” organizations that can assess your education is the

World Education Services (WES) - to determine your highest ECA equivalent to Canadian Education for free assessment, copy link and paste to your google  https://rajtocanada.wordpress.com/2015/07/22/how-to-educational-credential-assessment-from-wes  - in this website, scroll down and find to click WES-Preliminary Assessment, and then click Start Now.